Confessions of a Rugby Amateur

Confessions of a Rugby Amateur

Thursday 28 April 2011

...my kingdom for some black boots

Over the past few weeks I have been looking for some plain, normal, black boots for the summer. Nothing crazy. Not an outrageous request. It's not like I want the moon on a stick!


My mouldies have split and need new ones with the final on Sunday and then for the rest of the Sevens season. There doesn't really seem much point in buying a top range pair so I have been looking for a simple cheap pair.


However, a combination of two factors have made this simple task into a total farce - 1) my mutant sized feet and 2) the complete lack of sensible boots on the market!


Without wanting to sound like too much of a Grandad, it seems the likes of Adidas, Nike and Puma have given up on simple black boots in favour of every ridiculous colour in the rainbow. 


Lime green, electric blue, flame red, canary yellow, neon purple - the shame knows no bounds. What's next, hair bands, fake tans and manicures?!


There is a slight suggestion of jealousy in my ramblings as people who wear these flamboyant boots tend to be very quick and skillful...you have to be really to pull them off. 
The tick looked smaller in the pictures online!
The closest I could get to affordable black boots were these bad boys! Hmmm...I'm not overly impressed with them to be honest - they certainly didn't look that pink online! But they are comfortable so who cares, right?...Right?!  

No comments:

Post a Comment